Marketing, Communications and Administrative Coordinator
The Exchange District Business Improvement Zone (BIZ) is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to the Exchange District in the areas of marketing, special events, safety, cleanliness and community improvement. The Exchange District is a 30-square-block neighborhood recognized as a National Historic Site. The Exchange BIZ is the leader for the area. We coordinate policy for all stakeholders. We foster partnerships where creative enterprises can thrive. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Marketing, Communications and Administrative Coordinator to join our team.
Marketing and Communications (80%) duties include:
– Write content for e-newsletter and blog;
– Assist in managing and maintaining website content including media library, event calendar and member directory;
– Assist the Manager in photography and social media;
– Assist the Manager in fielding tour inquiries as well as designing and creating tour program promotional materials;
– Create advertising and general promotional materials for print and web using Adobe InDesign;
– Help foster positive community relations with area businesses and other stakeholders;
– Assist with writing correspondence, plans, reports and other administrative items as needed;
– Other duties as assigned by the Manager and Executive Director.
Administration duties (20%) include:
– Respond to general telephone and e-mail inquiries from the public;
– Organize and assist with board meetings as well as taking minutes at the monthly meetings;
– Maintain accurate and current databases for electronic and direct-mail communication;
– Assist Executive Director with finance duties including invoicing, receivables and payables;
– Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a post-secondary education in communications, public relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are essential;
• Be highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task, and be able to work effectively within a team environment;
• Be tech-savvy and have complete familiarity with Microsoft programs, WordPress and Adobe InDesign and Photoshop;
• Graphic design skills are considered a strong asset;
• Knowledge of Sage 50 program an asset but not required;
• The successful candidate will have a commitment to professional interaction with the public, a strong individual commitment to the organization’s goals and a passion for the historic Exchange District.
This position is suitable for a graduate of a post-secondary program in communications, marketing, public relations, and/or journalism. It is a full-time permanent position starting May 1, 2017, with health benefits after a three-month probation. While the typical work schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30; some evening and weekends may be required. The Marketing, Communications and Administrative Coordinator reports to the Manager of Marketing and Communications as well as the Executive Director.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by April 14th to:
Brian Timmerman, Executive Director
Exchange District BIZ
492 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
We thank all those who apply. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.